Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year Message for 2010!

2009 was some year. Even though our country experienced one of the worst economic times many of us have ever seen, our academy stayed strong and saw positive growth. We had a great year of events such as our Spring Training and Summer Camp, our Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Seminar with Pedro Valente, and last but not least, the newest addition to our dojo family, Sensei Carter and Mrs. Carter's new baby. Our students in both the youth and adult programs showed tremendous heart, dedication, and perseverance. We had many students move forward in their skill and belt progression and we will have many more in the upcoming weeks of 2010. Our testing process, curriculum guidelines and rank system revisions have been updated and finalized and will go into effect Monday, January 4th, 2010. Any questions should be directed to me.

I have personally accomplished much in my continuing education in the Martial Arts and appreciate all my students, teachers, training partners and mentors. I look forward to learning all I can in the new year. You all help me in my personal journey. I can't thank you enough. I look forward to 2010 and the next decade to come. I see many great things in the future of our academy.

See you on the mats,

Sensei John Carter

No comments: